RED 8K Helium, RED 5K Gemini
There are many reasons to shoot in 8K then edit in 4K or HD 1080. If you are concerned about file sizes, use a higher compression and with oversampling your data still gives a better image than windowing to 4K on this sensor. 8K avoids focal length crop factor. VFX compositing is better. Still images to be pulled from video. The option to push in to reframe and crop in post is very useful.
Camera body as low as $430 per day
Included in list price $650 package:
- RED DSMC2 8K (Weapon speeds) now at Epic-W prices!
- or choose RED DSMC2 Gemini 5K camera
- RED base expander with V-mount
- PL Mount or Canon EF mount
- RED Touchscreen LCD
- 15mm LWS with rods
- (2) 480GB RED Mini-Mag drives + reader
- (2) V-mount batteries with dual charger
- RED 8K Helium (Weapon) camera details:
- at 8K/7k up to 60fps with Weapon, compared to 30fps for Epic-W
- 120fps at 4K, 300fps at 2K for all camera models
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range
- Dual recording of .r3d Raw files and ProRes 444XQ or Avid DNxHD HQX at 4K
- RED 5K Gemini offers dual ISO 3200/800, exceptional low light performance as well as daylight
Optional accessories (call for pricing):
- additional RED 480GB Mini-Mag media
- 7" Touch LCD instead of 5" or 4.7"
- Bridgeplates: 15mm Studio and 19mm with rods, Dovetails
- RED EVF viewfinder with mounting bracket
- RED brick or IDX batteries and chargers